Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division
Faculty Affairs Office
The Faculty Affairs Office (FAO) is charged with implementing the appointments and promotions policies for the Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division (VIDD). The Head of Faculty Affairs for VIDD is Dr. Rhoda Ashley Morrow. Dr. Morrow is a Member of VIDD and Professor of Laboratory Medicine at the University of Washington. She serves as the Center’s representative on the Group on Faculty Affairs for the American Association of Medical Colleges. Dr. Morrow also chairs (non-voting) VIDD’s Appointments and Promotions Committee. Christina Wee has served as the FAO administrator since November, 2010.
- Schedules and tracks annual reviews of assistant members and midterm reviews of assistant and associate members by the A&P Committee; works with faculty members to prepare materials for these reviews and to follow-up on recommended actions by reviewed faculty member.
- Prepares the review summaries and the recommendations for faculty votes related to junior faculty reviews.
- Processes requests for advancement to candidacy for promotion.
- Prepares and communicates all faculty votes.
- Coordinates and records the outcome of member five-year reviews.
- Sets the agenda and conducts faculty meetings and faculty retreats in consultation with the Executive and Strategic Planning Committees.
- Coordinates all aspects of faculty recruitment, including formal searches and obtaining approvals for offer letters.
- Coordinates orientation of new faculty members.
- Coordinates the appointment of staff scientists, staff physicians, affiliate investigators, associates in VIDD, and faculty with primary appointments in other divisions or institutions.
- Works with the EC and the SPC to develop and implement programs to assist in the professional development of VIDD faculty members.
- Works with faculty members to create website materials, presentation materials, and nominations for awards.
Faculty Affairs Office
Faculty Affairs Office:
Rhoda Ashley Morrow, Ph.D.
Phone: (206) 667-5280
Phone: (206) 667-1858
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center is a world leader in research to prevent, detect
and treat cancer and other life-threatening diseases.