Photo by Asgari Photography
Beautiful weather and a big turnout distinguished the 33rd annual Shore Run/Walk on Sunday, June 13. A total of 2,300 people participated in the Shore Run/Walk on the shores of Lake Washington, which included 1,306 in the 5K, 826 in the 10K, and 168 in the Kids’ Run. Together, they raised $151,140 for immunotherapy research at the Hutchinson Center.
Congratulations to the top fundraisers
- Ren Whiting raised $7,020 and received two first-class roundtrip Continental Airlines tickets.
- Mary Ellen Stokes raised $5,600 and received two coach-class roundtrip Continental Airlines tickets.
- Catherine Blish raised $3,435 and received two coach-class roundtrip Continental Airlines tickets.
- Love Your Shade With Team GG and its 55 members raised $9,460 and will enjoy a thank you dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Seattle.
- The Presbyterian Retirement Communities Northwest Team had 91 members; each member received a gift from Friends of the Hutch, the volunteer host committee for Shore Run/Walk 2010.
Congratulations to the top race finishers
- Jeremy Brown of Seattle, 18:04
- Megan Johnson of Seattle, 18:09
News Talk 97.3 KIRO FM 10K:
- Willie Richardson of Mercer Island, 35:28
- Susan Empey of Mercer Island, 38:15
The award celebration took place at the Bert’s Red Apple Party-in-the-Park (in Madison Park) featuring live music, food from Madison Park businesses and a drawing for prizes, including Continental Airlines tickets.
View 5K and 10K race results and participant photos here.
Learn more about immunotherapy research at www.fhcrc.org/immuno.