Return to search results.
Complete title: Gene Transfer for Patients with Fanconi Anemia Complementation Group A (FANCA)
|Research Study Number||2097.00|
|Principal Investigator||Pamela Becker, MD, PhD|
Research Study Description
Eligibility Criteria (must meet the following to participate in this study)
- FA complementation group A as determined by somatic cell hybrids, molecular characterization, Western blot analysis, or acquisition of mitomycin C resistance after in vitro lentiviral transduction with a vector bearing the cDNA for Fanconi complementation group A
- Bone marrow analysis demonstrating normal cytogenetics, and no more than 5% of cells with a single clonal abnormality by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) for myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS) panel within 3 months of stem cell collection
- Signed informed consent by the patient or legally authorized representative
- Absolute neutrophil count >= 0.7 X 10^9/L
- Hemoglobin >= 8 g/dl
- Platelet count >= 20 X 10^9/L and able to achieve a platelet count of >= 50 X 10^9/L with transfusion support
- Adequate hepatic function with aspartate aminotransferase (AST) and alanine aminotransferase (ALT) < 5 X upper limit normal (UPN)
- Adequate renal function with Creatinine =< 1.5; if greater, then glomerular filtration rate (GFR) > 60 ml/min/ 1.73 m^2 as calculated by the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease equation
- Adequate pulmonary function with corrected diffusion capacity of carbon monoxide (DLCO) > 50%
- For subjects < 17 years of age, Modified Lansky Play-Performance Score of >= 70%; for subjects 17 and older, Karnofsky score of >= 70%
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Exclusions (conditions that would prevent participation in this study)
- Myelodysplastic syndrome as defined by World Health Organization (WHO) criteria
- Acute myeloid leukemia as defined by WHO criteria
- Pregnancy or lactation; females of childbearing potential and males who are admitted to the study will be advised that the study procedures and study drugs may be teratogenic, and they will be required to take adequate measures to prevent conception for the duration of the study
- Concurrent enrollment in any other study using an investigational drug
- Physical or emotional status that would prevent informed consent, protocol compliance, or adequate follow-up
- Significant associated diseases including documented human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, uncontrolled hypertension (diastolic blood pressures > 95%ile for age), unstable angina, congestive heart failure (> New York Heart Association [NY] II), poorly controlled diabetes (Hgb A1c > 7%), coronary angioplasty within 6 months, myocardial infarction within the last 6 months, or uncontrolled atrial or ventricular cardiac arrhythmia, abnormal coagulation, persistent abnormal urinalysis reflecting intrinsic renal disease
- Active ongoing viral, bacterial, or fungal infection
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
Diamond Blackfan Anemia; Fanconi Anemia; Non-malignant Condition
Disclaimer: We update this information regularly. However, what you read today may not be completely up to date.