Return to search results.
Complete title: Use of Computer-Guided Glucose Management Systems for Patients Undergoing Blood and Marrow Transplants (BMT)
|Research Study Number||2425.00|
|Principal Investigator||Merav Bar, MD|
Research Study Description
Eligibility Criteria (must meet the following to participate in this study)
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
- Post-transplant adult patients (age >= 18 years) on the bone marrow transplant (BMT) Service at University of Washington medical center (UWMC)
- Requiring insulin secondary to:
- * Known history of (h/o) type 2 diabetes mellitus
- * Two blood sugar values > 180 (point of care and/or am lab glycemia)
- * One blood sugar value > 250 (point of care or AM lab glycemia)
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Exclusions (conditions that would prevent participation in this study)
- Terminally ill patients
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status > 3
- Previous type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Cognitively impaired patients, unable to consent
- Women of childbearing potential not on 2 different forms of contraception
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
Acute Lymphoid Leukemia (ALL); Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML); Burkitt's Lymphoma; Hematologic Malignancies; Hodgkin's Lymphoma; Leukemia; Lymphoma; Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)
Disclaimer: We update this information regularly. However, what you read today may not be completely up to date.