Return to search results.
Complete title: A Phase 1 Safety Study of LY2787106 in Patients with Cancer and Anemia
|Research Study Number||20130992|
|Principal Investigator||Pamela Becker, MD, PhD|
Research Study Description
Eligibility Criteria (must meet the following to participate in this study)
Genders Eligible for Study: Both
- Have histological or cytological evidence of non-myeloid cancer (solid tumors, lymphomas or multiple myeloma) that is metastatic and/or incurable
- Have been treated with at least one systemic (oral, intravenous, or subcutaneous) anti-cancer therapy or regimen
- Have a hemoglobin of less than or equal to 11 g/dL
- Have a hepcidin level of greater than or equal to 5 ng/mL
- Have given written informed consent prior to any study-specific procedures
- Have adequate hematologic, hepatic, and renal organ function
- Have an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) performance status of less than or equal to 2
- Available for the duration of the study and willing to follow study procedures
- If male or female with reproductive potential: Must agree to use medically approved contraception during the trial and for 4 months following the last dose of study drug
- If female with child bearing potential: Have a negative serum pregnancy test
- Have an estimated life expectancy of greater than or equal to 12 weeks
Other eligibility criteria may apply.
Exclusions (conditions that would prevent participation in this study)
- Have received erythropoiesis-stimulating agents in the previous 21 days or red blood cell transfusions in the previous 14 days, or in the investigator's opinion, likely to need red blood cell transfusion more frequently than every 21 days
- Have received parenteral iron supplementation within the prior 14 days
- Have a documented history of pure red cell aplasia, thalassemia major or sickle cell disease
- Have a history of cirrhosis or major organ transplantation
- QTc greater than 470 msec
- Have evidence of clinically significant hemolysis or bleeding
- Have a clinically significant systemic infection within 14 days of enrollment
- Have a suspected or confirmed history of hemochromatosis.
- Have other serious preexisting medical conditions (left to the discretion of the investigator)
- Have symptomatic central nervous system malignancy or metastasis (screening not required)
- Have acute or chronic leukemia
- Are a female who is pregnant or lactating
- Have a history of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B, or hepatitis C (screening not required)
- Have received external beam radiotherapy to more than 25% of the bone marrow
- Have known clinically significant hypersensitivity to biologic agents
- Have received live vaccine(s) within 1 month of screening or with plans of doing that during the participation to the study
- Have a history of congestive heart failure with New York Heart Association (NYHA)Class greater than 2 (NYHA Class 1 and 2 are eligible), unstable angina or recent myocardial infarction (within 1 year prior to administration of study drug)
Other exclusion criteria may apply.
Hematologic Malignancies; Non-malignant Condition
Disclaimer: We update this information regularly. However, what you read today may not be completely up to date.